I’ve made it another go around the sun! Welcoming 23.
Ah, 23. If you asked me 5 years ago where I thought I’d be today I would have had a different answer. But I am so happy as to where I am now. I am surrounded by people I love daily, I am living in a state I would’ve never thought I’d call home. Even 5 years ago I would still know today that I am madly in love with my high school sweetheart. Somethings you can guess til the end of time and some things take a different course of action.
But regardless, I have learned a thing or two:
- start each day with a cup of coffee #coffeeaddict
Just kidding! Here they are:
- Always say I love you, you will never know when it will be your last time to say it to someone dear to you
- Marry your best friend
- You’re never to old for sleepovers
- Always find laughter in your day, the kind where you can’t breathe, let out a little snort, and your sides hurts
- Sometimes being out in nature is the best medicine
- What other people think of you is none of your business
- Don’t focus on the past, you are not going that way. learn to let go
- Smile at strangers, be kind, you never know what someone else is going through
- Comparison is the thief of joy
- say yes to dessert, ALWAYS
- get yourself a dog, they’ll bring joy to your everyday
- don’t assume people know what you are thinking or how you are feeling you have to tell them
- stop and smell the roses
- don’t take the little things for granted
- take that picture, it’ll be nice to have later
- Happiness comes from within, don’t rely on anyone else to do that
- also it’s not your job to please everyone
- somethings are better left unsaid, you don’t always have to have the last word
- agree to disagree
- stay in touch with friends
- don’t fear change, we need it to grow
- stop thinking to much and learn to live in the moment
- never stop learning
Here’s to another amazing year ahead!
What is one thing you have learned this year?